Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Nickel Creek - Doubting Thomas

What will be left when I've drawn my last breath
Besides the folks I've met and the folks who've known me?
Will I discover a soul-saving love
Or just the dirt above and below me?

I'm a doubting Thomas
I took a promise
But I do not feel safe
Oh, me of little faith.

Sometimes I pray for a slap in the face
Then I beg to be spared 'cause I'm a coward.
If there's a master of death
I bet he's holding his breath
As I show the blind and tell the deaf about his power.

I'm a doubting Thomas
I can't keep my promises
Cause I don't know what's safe
Oh, me of little faith.

Can I be used to help others find truth
When I'm scared I'll find proof that it's a lie?
Can I be led down a trail dropping bread crumbs
That prove I'm not ready to die?

Please give me time to decipher the signs.
Please forgive me for time that I've wasted.

I'm a doubting Thomas
I'll take your promise
Though I know nothin's safe
Oh, me of little faith

Listen here http://nickelcreek.com/music.htm

No comments: